We are always looking for various high quality sub-contractors to work on our projects across Somerset.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, driven, Working Foreman.
The Working Foreman is a key role reporting to the Contracts Manager. The purpose of the role is to coordinate and manage direct and subcontracted labour to help to ensure that construction projects are completed on time, within budget and to a high quality standard.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day to day co-ordination and supervision of direct and subcontracted staff
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
- Supporting the contract manager/s on a wide range of projects in line with our Health and Safety and quality standards
- Client communication
- Completing site inspections and maintaining site records
- Driving outputs and motivating teams
- Ensuring a high standard of work
Requirements. The following are compulsory:
- All candidates must have qualifications and experience in a construction trade
- Must be willing to be hands on as and when required
- Experience in running a site, directing and supervising trades
- Full current driving licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail and able to produce work to a high standard
Other desired requirements:
- Experience in carrying out inductions and being responsible for site security
- SSSTS (min) SMSTS (ideally)
- Familiar in working to deadlines
Competitive rates of pay. Training available for the right candidate. Previous applicants please don't hesitate to re-apply for this position. Please fill out the form below and attach your CV or please feeel free to send your CV to our postal address.
If there isn't a job position available for you, send your CV using the form below and we will keep it on our system for when positions become available.